Summer/Fall Session: August 2020 - November 2020
Winter/Spring Session: February 2021 - May 2021
One of the core values that we believe in at Northbend Church is JESUS CENTERED LIVES. We think that one of the best ways to put Jesus at the center of your life is to surround yourself with others that are seeking to do the same. The heart behind Northbend Groups is this: We want people to grow in relationship with Christ by connecting with others and experiencing community.
“If there is a second reformation in the church and a third spiritual awakening in the world or in America, it will come through two words: SMALL GROUPS.”
What is the endgame?
The ultimate goal is to equip our group members to live out their faith TOGETHER. Because when we come together, we become stronger. We want those in our groups to live in relationship with one another. Life has many ups and downs and when you are in a group, you will be together to celebrate the great times and you'll also be there for each other in the tough times. We want our groups to help empower each other to live out the Gospel in our everyday lives.
“A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand
back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken.”
What does a group meeting look like?
A group meeting has all kinds of different looks! Our Hosts are empowered to shape their group meetings as they feel led! Most groups will start with a time of talking and catching up and then a Biblical discussion or lesson. Maybe you want to have dinner or a snack? Absolutely! Feel free to be creative!
What is my role as a Group Host?
Your primary role as a Group Host is to provide your group with direction, vision, and support. You will need to have a place for your group to meet and to facilitate interaction with group members. We want you to create an environment and set a tone that enables people to experience belonging that will help them grow together in their faith.
We are looking for people that:
· Have a personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
· Let Scripture guide their lives
· Have a heart for helping others grow in Christ.
· Believe in the Mission, Vision, and Values of Northbend Church
· Are committed to making their group a priority in their lives.
· Have basic people skills and organization to communicate well with group members.
Expectations of all Group Hosts:
· Create a welcoming and friendly environment for those in your group.
· Lead the group by facilitating the group meeting and encouraging participation among group members.
· Have a biblical topic, message, or lesson prepared for your group meeting.
(Curriculum will be available to be used.)
· Communicate with group members regularly.
do you still have questions?
If you're interested in hosting a Group but still have questions, please click the button below and it will connect you with our Groups Director, Derek Putman!